UniDistance Suisse, as an accredited university institute under the HFKG, has been offering part-time distance learning courses for 30 years. The Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes, as well as the continuing education courses in the fields of law, economics, history, artificial intelligence, mathematics and psychology, are recognised and internationally supported beyond Switzerland.
The UniDistance Suisse is oriented towards the highest quality standards not only in university teaching, but also in research. With more than 2300 students, it is the leader in distance learning in Switzerland. It employs over 400 staff, of whom around 350 are involved in teaching and research.
At the Faculty of Psychology at UniDistance Suisse, we are seeking applicants for a:
PhD position – Cognitive Psychology and individual differences
The current position is part of the research project funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation entitled «The current challenge in attentional-control research: Establishing reliable and valid measures». The purpose of this 4-year project is to investigate attentional control (also referred as cognitive control, executive functions, or inhibition). This cognitive ability allows us to focus on relevant information while ignoring irrelevant information so that we can pursue our current goals. In this project, several studies will be conducted to investigate the reliability and validity of typical as well as novel measures of attentional control.
Place of work: Brig (Switzerland)
Start of work: We anticipate a start date in October 2022. Other starting dates can be negotiated
- planning, programming, and implementation of lab- and online-based studies
- appropriate data processing and analysis using current and advanced statistical methods (e.g., structural equation modeling, diffusion modeling)
- publication of results in peer-reviewed journals and their presentation at national and international scientific conferences
- very good Master’s degree in psychology (preferably in cognitive psychology, differential psychology, or psychological research methods)
- excellent methodological and statistical skills as well as very good knowledge in cognitive psychology and/or in cognitive individual differences
- strong in conceptual thinking, in data analysis (preferably in R), and in writing
- very good English skills
- ability to work independently and on your own initiative, and excellent teamplayer
- 4 year full-time employment with excellent working conditions
- integration and collaboration in a productive team
- contact opportunities to renowned international scientists
- close supervision of the dissertation and close cooperation in the research project
- remuneration in accordance with the requirements of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF, see https://snf.ch/en/2QbX0vSpcmmylCya/page/funding/project-staff)
Please apply with the following documents: CV, a copy of certificates, a letter of motivation in which you explain on a maximum of two pages and in English why you would like to work on the research topic, a sample document of an academic thesis (e.g., Master’s thesis), two independent reference letters. Please submit your documents via e-mail in a PDF file to Dr. Alodie Rey-Mermet email@example.com.
Applications are reviewed until the position is filled. For further information, please contact Dr. Alodie Rey-Mermet.