Professor for Applied Econometrics 100% (open rank)
- Faculty of Economics · Jobs
As an accredited university institute under Swiss federal law, UniDistance Suisse has been offering part-time distance learning courses for 30 years. The bachelor and master degree programmes and the range of further education in the five faculties of Law, Economics, History, Mathematics and Computer Science, as well as Psychology, are recognised in Switzerland and internationally.
More than 2300 students are currently studying in German, French or English. Our students are usually people who want to combine study and work or family commitments. UniDistance Suisse employs over 400 people, around 350 of whom work in teaching and research.
UniDistance Suisse adheres to the highest quality requirements, not only in university teaching, but above all in research. The number of professors is currently being expanded in all faculties.
As part of this growth, the following position is to be filled:
Professorship for Applied Econometrics, 100% (open rank)
The position will be in the Faculty of Economics and shall extend existing expertise. Applications in the areas of econometrics, data analytics and machine learning are particularly welcome.
Place of work: Brig
Start of work: May 2023 or by arrangement
- Research in Economics
- Regular publications in internationally acknowledged scientific journals on the abovementioned topics
- Active participation in pertinent national and international workshops and conferences
- Supervision of doctoral theses in research
- Obtaining third-party funds from the Swiss National Science Foundation or other Swiss or international research
- funding institutions
- Teaching commitments in the Bachelor in Economics (in German) and the Master in Economics (in English) courses.
- This specifically involves courses on econometrics / empirical economic research and statistics as well as data
- analytics / machine learning, with applications in the fields of economics and business administration
- Supervision of seminar papers and bachelor and master theses
- Support for the further development of the courses, the faculty, and the range of courses offered in the faculty
- Cooperation with other faculties at UniDistance Suisse with regard to research and teaching and the application of
- any synergies
- Participation in academic self-administration and in relevant committees
- Being part of the further expansion of UniDistance Suisse
- Internationally recognised research achievements, proven via high-ranked academic journal publications
- Outstanding national and international visibility and anchoring in research
- Interest in interdisciplinary and external research collaborations
- Proven success and experience in raising third-party and research funds
- Management experience in research and teaching (especially in supervising doctoral students)
- Solid university teaching experience in the field of econometrics and applied econometrics.
- Teaching experience in the field of blended learning would be an advantage
- Willingness and ability to participate in the relevant committees and in the further development of the faculty or institution within the framework of academic self-administration
- Proficiency in German or English with very good knowledge of the other language; good knowledge in French is an advantage
- The position will be filled according to the qualifications of the future holder of the post, at the level of assistant professor with tenure track or associate / ordinary professor
- Support in setting up a research and teaching team
- Innovative forms of teaching in the field of online learning
- Comprehensive training and support in online-teaching
- Cooperation in a motivated team
- Modern and dynamic work environment
- Opportunities to take part in shaping the further development of the faculty
We look forward to receiving your application by 17 July 2022 at the latest, via e-mail to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include the following documents: Letter of motivation, CV (including a list of publications), list of lectures, list of third-party funds, research plan (maximum 2 pages), teaching statement (maximum 2 pages)
For further information, please contact the Faculty Manager for the Faculty of Economics, Petra Köhler: email@example.com or the Dean of the Faculty of Economics, Prof. Renate Schubert: firstname.lastname@example.org